1. When does the Town Board hold their Regular meetings?
Town of Phelps Board Meetings take place the 2nd Monday of the month at 7 PM at the Phelps Fire Station.
2. When and where is the Annual Meeting held?
The Annual Meeting is held the third Tuesday of April at 7 PM at the Phelps School Commons.
1. Where do I pay my property taxes?
At the Clerk/Treasurer's Office in the Town Hall.
2. Does the Town accept credit card payments?
No, not at this time.
1. Where do I get a fire number?
Application for a fire number/driveway permit must be filled out and returned to the Clerk/Treasurer with a payment of $35.
2. What type of building permits do I need?
Contact the Vilas County Zoning Department at (715) 479-3620 or visit the Vilas County Courthouse in Eagle River. County Website is: www.co.vilas.wi.us
1. Where do I get a dog license?
At the Clerk/Treasurer's office at Town Hall.
1. Where is the Recycling/Transfer Center and when is it open?
4351 DNR Vista Lane (off Strong Road) Winter Hours: Saturday after Labor Day thru Tuesday prior to Memorial Day – Saturday 9 am to 12 noon. Summer Hours: Saturday prior to Memorial Day thru Tuesday after Labor Day – Tuesdays 12 pm to 3 pm & Saturdays – 9 am to 2 pm
1. Where do I register to vote?
You can register to vote up until the Friday before the election at the Town Hall or on Election Day at the polling place.
2. How do I obtain an absentee ballot?
Each elector requesting an absentee ballot must DO SO IN WRITING from the Clerk of the Municipality. One person cannot request ballots for him/herself and their spouse. An Application For Absentee Ballot (GAB-121) at www.gab.wi.gov is also available from the clerk or at the above link.