The Phelps Town Board has empowered the Phelps Planning and Development Commission with the task of furthering the health, safety, welfare and wise use of resources for the benefit of current and future residents of the Town and affected neighboring jurisdictions, through adoption and implementation of comprehensive planning with significant citizen involvement.
3 Year Term Expiring 04/30/2025
Mariquita Sheehan, Chair Person
3 Year Term Expiring 04/30/2026
Jim Kuchenbecker, Member-at-Large
2 Year Term Expiring 04/30/2024
Debbie Tank-Vold, Parks Commission
Gene Hojan, Member-at-Large
Eugene McCaslin, Town Board Member
2 Year Term Expiring 04/30/2025
Brad Lewis, Member-at-Large
- Identify and research projects that will enhance the experience of those who live in and visit our Town.
- Plan and coordinate the start and completion of projects given to the Planning and Development Commission.
- Identify and work with outside groups, both private and governmental that will advance the needs and growth of the Town of Phelps.
- Identify possible business opportunities within the Town of Phelps and work with those interested in starting a business.
- Research and recommend ordinances that will ensure safety and provide uniform and aesthetic values in the Town of Phelps.
- Complete a Comprehensive Land Use Plan (66.1001(2)(i), Wis. Stats) and ensure that all update are completed per State Law.
- Write and submit to the Phelps Town Board a proposal for all projects, plans and ordinances researched and recommended by the Phelps Planning and Development Commission.
- Write and submit to the Phelps Town Board an annual budget request.
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
The Town of Phelps is now the owner of several parcels in the heart of downtown, at the sharp turn of Highway 17.
We are interested in any ideas to be submitted to the Phelps Planning & Development Commission. Please use the following forms. You can write out an idea or sketch out a map or even draw on a photo of the area and email or mail your suggestions to: [email protected] or Phelps Planning & Development Commission, PO Box 157, Phelps, WI 54554. Phelps Planning & Development Commission meetings are on the first Wednesday of the month, 6:30 p.m. at the Phelps Town Office 4495 Town Hall Rd., Phelps, WI 54554.